The Northern Pride are looking for a passionate and experienced CEO to lead the Northern Pride Rugby League Club providing operational excellence and to foster a culture driven by integrity, values and commitment to our goals. The club is based in Cairns.
Our key priorities are Football / Community / Culture / Sustainability / Reputation. Reporting to a Board of Directors (the Board), you will provide leadership and direction to an organisation which delivers quality member services that encourages and promotes opportunities, pathways and achievement through rugby league within Far North Queensland.
Your responsibilities include:
Strategic productivity – work with the Board to further develop and implement the strategic plan and drive commercial growth and performance.
Leadership – provide strong leadership and develop diverse teams building a positive workplace culture while promoting the values of the organisation to our staff and dedicated volunteers
Operational excellence – manage and ensure high operational standards of corporate and financial governance
Business development – recognise internal capabilities, maximise business development opportunities while strengthening and building stakeholder relationships
Marketing – engage with sponsors and develop marketing strategies to enhance the club revenue and growth
Business acumen – develop business plans, budgets and risk management strategies and provide comprehensive monthly reports to the Board
Communication – represent the organisation within the community, the rugby league governing bodies including Queensland Rugby League to promote the interests of members and the club
What we’re looking for …. To be successful in this role, you will bring the following key experiences and skills (selection criteria)
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or experience
- Outstanding stakeholder management and engagement skills and ability to establish new relationships and business opportunities/partnerships
- A strong understanding of sports management and previous experience as a CEO or other senior leadership role
- Experience developing and implementing strategic and operational plans
- High level change and project management skills and experience
- Excellent fiscal skills to effectively manage the day-to-day operations of the business
- Experience leading and developing diverse teams and building a positive workplace culture including coaching and mentoring to players, staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated experience engaging in marketing initiatives and sponsorships
- Experience working with Boards and providing advice and receive direction from Directors
- A genuine passion and understanding of Rugby League
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings as required. Travel to regional Queensland / Brisbane will be required
The successful candidate will be expected to have experience facilitating the organisations move to the next level. You will have well developed skills in communication, diplomacy, influencing, advocacy, stakeholder management, negotiation, governance and leadership. Experience working with elected officials and in a membership-based organisation will be highly regarded.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide leadership to a progressive rugby league club that competes at the highest level of the State-wide competition. Northern Pride has established a proud culture and is looking for someone to take that brand forward.
A remuneration package commensurate with skills and experience will be offered to the successful applicant. Please forward your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to our recruitment advisor at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5pm Friday 19th March 2021
For further details please contact: