The Northern Pride are committed to supporting our local community and are available for a limited number of appearances during the season.
Numerous requests are made of the Northern Pride to have players appear at special functions, local sporting clubs, local schools and charity events throughout the year. As a result, a player appearance policy is in place.
All the Northern Pride players either work full time or study full time and have a strict training schedule. This means that the Northern Pride cannot guarantee that we will be able to accommodate your appearance request. We recommend that your event does not rely on a player appearance.
If you are submitting a request for a player appearance, please refer to the guidelines and process below. If we cannot send a player to your event, we will attempt to send a staff member.
All requests must be received at least four (4) weeks prior to the event and all requests will be responded to within 10 working days.
All requests must contain the following information and be submitted through the online player request form below:
- The name of the organisation that is requesting the appearance
- Name of the event and expected number of guests
- Date, time and venue of the event
- A clear outline of the player’s role at your event (e.g. presenting awards, signing autographs)
Appearance request guidelines
- Approved player appearances will be an endorsement to a community service or sponsor-related.
- No athletic functions with risk of injury will be considered.
- The club will make the final decision in relation to which player, if successful, will attend your appearance. The Northern Pride will not accept responsibility for last minute player cancellations due to injury/illness/change of training schedules.
- The club will not approve any personal appearances e.g. birthdays, weddings, etc.
- Appearance requests are to be kept to a maximum of one hour. If you require an extension of this time you will need to discuss this with the club after your formal request has been submitted.