Below are the conditions of entry for Northern Pride home games at Barlow Park.
Maintaining the health and safety of attendees to Barlow Park is of utmost importance to the Northern Pride. We ask patrons not to attend if they:
- Feel unwell
- Have been in close contact with an active case of COVID-19
- Have travelled overseas in the last 14 days
- Have been to a declared COVID-19 hotspot in the last 14 days
Staff at the venue have the right to refuse entry to persons who are displaying symptoms that may place other people at risk.
Patrons must carry a face mask at all times. You must wear the face mask in indoor spaces and it is strongly recommended that you wear a mask when outdoors if you are unable to stay more than 1.5m distance from other people.
You must remain seated while eating and drinking.
The Northern Pride strongly recommends that Patrons install the Australian Government COVIDSafe App on their mobile device. All patrons entering the venue must sign in via the EVA Check In App. The Northern Pride recommends downloading the App and uploading the contact details of all attendees prior to arriving at the venue. This will ensure entry is as quick and easy as possible. Patrons who do not check in will be refused entry into the venue.
Some groups of people are more vulnerable to severe illness from COVID-19 than others. For more information on who is at risk and advice for specific groups, head to: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert/advice-for-people-at-risk-of-coronavirus-covid-19
Upon entering the venue, the Northern Pride asks patrons to:
- Maintain good hygiene.
- Wash their hands with soap and water regularly.
- Maintain physical distancing. Where possible stay 1.5m apart.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Cairns Regional Council is collecting your personal information on CCTV in and around the event precinct for the purpose of venue security and public safety. Footage may be provided to the Queensland Police Service. All personal information is handled in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009.
- Patrons, bags and other items may be subject to inspection and Patrons may be searched on entry. Patrons who refuse inspections or searches may be denied entry to the venue.
- Unauthorised persons are prohibited from entering the field of play.
- Pass-outs may be issued at the discretion of management.
- Patrons acknowledge that the Northern Pride may use a Patron’s image or likeness as part of any recording of the event or match.
- Patrons assume all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the venue. Patrons bring personal effects onto the premises at their own risk. Neither the Northern Pride or Cairns Regional Council will be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a customer’s personal property.
- Persons under 12 years of age will not be permitted entry unless under the direct supervision of an adult 18 years of age or over.
- The event or match may be cancelled, delayed or stopped due to dangerous situations, adverse weather or for any other cause beyond the Northern Pride’s control. Patrons may make a claim for a replacement ticket if an event or match is rescheduled or for a refund of the ticket if the event is cancelled and not rescheduled.
- The Northern Pride may add, withdraw or substitute participants or entertainment and/or vary advertised material, programmes, prices, seating arrangements, audience capacity, the venue or programme times without liability.
REFUSAL OF ENTRY
The Northern Pride reserves the right to refuse entry to, or remove from, the venue any persons who:
- are drunk or disorderly or whose conduct is unlawful or offensive;
- are not entitled to attend the event or match;
- causes a disturbance or who refuses to comply with reasonable requests from the staff;
- in the opinion of management, are offensively attired or whose attire may cause a hazard or compromise safety;
- refuse inspections or searches by security or staff
- Glass of any kind
- Alcohol, soft drink, juice or flavoured milk of any kind
- Commercially packaged foods
- Deliveries from external caterers
- Flares, fireworks, weapons, explosives, smoke bombs or other incendiary devices
- Laser pens / pointers
- Loud hailers
- Guns, knives or other dangerous weapons
- Confetti and shredded paper
- Scooters, roller-skates, skateboards, push bikes, Segways or other unauthorised means of transportation
- Animals (with the exception of certified service animals)
- Clothing, personal items, signs or flags displaying commercial, political, religious or offensive signage or logos
- Hard eskies larger than 40cm x 40cm x 40cm
- Bags and items larger than 40cm x 40cm x 40cm
- Other items as determined by management that may cause injury or public nuisance
Umbrellas are permitted to be brought into the venue however these must not be opened or raised in the grandstand or on the internal concourses. We recommend patrons bring ponchos or rain jackets for use inside the venue.
Prams and pushers – We encourage patrons to consider leaving their pram or pusher at home, however should you wish to bring your pram or pusher please note it cannot be taken into the grandstand for safety reasons.
Flags and banners – The Northern Pride acknowledges that flags and banners are part of the atmosphere that is created for matches. Given this, the venue permits flags and banners to be brought into the venue and waved during appropriate times throughout the match under the following conditions:
- The flag pole must be no greater than 1.5m in length and 2cm in diameter;
- The banner has no language or imagery on it that could be deemed offensive to other patrons or players such as racial, sexual, political and/or personal statements, and must not conflict with hirer or venue sponsors;
- The banner must not hinder other patrons’ enjoyment of the event through obstruction of their view of the field or video replay screen;
- The banner cannot cover any existing venue advertising or directional signage.
Personal backpacks and bags smaller than 40cm x 40cm x 40cm are permitted into the Venue. These should be stowed under your seat while seated.
Large items (defined as those larger than 40cm x 40cm x 40cm) which cannot be stowed away under a patron’s seat or which pose a capacity or safety issue (such as hard eskies or duffle bags) are not allowed into the venue.
ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO
Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of the Venue. It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol or for persons to supply alcohol to minors.
Barlow Park is a NO SMOKING venue! Under the Tobacco and Other Smoking Products Act 1998 (Qld) smoking is prohibited in all areas of the Venue. Patrons who smoke in the Venue a) commit an offence against the Act, to which fines apply; and b) may be immediately evicted from the Venue.
Patrons with tickets purchased at a concessional price must have available on entry into the venue, government issued identification justifying such concession.
Patrons may not be admitted if their tickets are damaged or defaced or their tickets have not been purchased from an authorised ticket agent.